went to court today&ended up in a recordings studio

Walter Tore

I went to court today over a fight I broke up at our school in Sept. The kid that assualted me during the fight was arrested again last night for assualting a girl. He came in to court, 17 years old, in ankle chains, and his hands cuffed to his waist. Man it was sad. The boys foster father talked to me before the case started. He is is a very spiritual man. We also talked for a good half hour after the case. I made a new friend with him. Kmar decided to plead guilty to both my 5th degree felony assualt and the misdomeanor assualt last night. It was an incredibly moving experience. Without going into all the details, I can say that I was moved to tears by such a sad thing- a young kid whose life has been so miserable that all he can do to feel safe is hurt others when threatened. He is from a neighboring county so although he pleaded guilty the judge had to send it to that county for sentencing. He can get up to a year in the junvinille prison and or held thier to his 21st birthday. Kmar appologized during the hearing and we had a moving conversation. I accepted his appology and said I never was angry at him but had to press charges. To keep our society civilized such things have to be done. He said he understood. He will be back in school until he is removed for sentencing. I told him to come by my room anytime and if there is anything I could do to help him remain in control of his emotions to come see me. I was once that angry boy. The only difference was there was divine intervention done with me at moments that left to play out naturally, would have resulted in me standing before the judge in shackles.

Once I left the courtroom I walked across the street to a recording studio. It has been there as long as I have lived here and I have rang their bell many times but nobody answered. Today they answered and the owner and his assistant spent a hour and half with me showing me around. It is a world class setup with amps, guitars, mics, preamps, eqs, etc, and the live room is a beautiful space. They asked me what I played and when I explained they asked if I had any samples. I went out to the van and gave them a cd. I figured that would be the end of it but they went in the control room and played it over the multi thousand monitors. I was really curious to hear how it sounded. I explained the studio is new and not up to acoustical par yet and the recording was done in it last night. They both thought it was done with tape and felt the end results were very good. The assistant took my number and is coming by to see my studio set up. It was a perfect ending to a very spiritual day.

I came home and recorded this song. I hooked my bass drum up for this one. I wanted a big and haunting sound. Lots of delay on it via the universal audio emt plate reverb plug in.

despair in these eyes

Walter, you're a real deep dude, you know. If I saw you at a bar I would buy you a beer man. lol

It's nice to contemplate things, but pathos is like a rip tide that sucks you out to ocean. A lot of people say "if I could do it, anyone could". That's not really the case because something, like pathos for example, can be an unstoppable force and many outcomes can be the result.

It's all about the lessons we learn. It's all about what we get out of ANY experience we have. What will we take out of it? Will we learn to be more "bad" or will we learn to be more "good". We can't blame our positions in this world for the outcome of our choices. We can only blame what "gifts" we choose take from every one of life's experiences.

Learning to do bad things better can be a gift as well as learning to do make good choices. Both can get us through the day and save us from hardships.

Last edited:
thanks for responding foulphil. I use to live in austin back in the day when it was a live music capitol. I drank a lot of shinner bock....... I don't really understand what you wrote. I am a simple minded man. I just tap into the universe and let the words come out. I have no idea of what I am singing about as I sing. That probably doesn't make much sense to most either. Walter

thanks for responding foulphil. I use to live in austin back in the day when it was a live music capitol. I drank a lot of shinner bock....... I don't really understand what you wrote. I am a simple minded man. I just tap into the universe and let the words come out. I have no idea of what I am singing about as I sing. That probably doesn't make much sense to most either. Walter

I get it, for the Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao

Back