Well-isolated wireless headphones

mrclay

I'm looking for wireless cans for tracking in my home studio (range is not an issue, I need 20ft at most) and most of the posts on these are a few years old so there are a lot more choices. My order of importance is thus:

1. Comfort - I'll be wearing these for long amounts of time.
2. Isolation - Mostly concerned about vocals here. Don't want bleed from my backing track. A lot of these list "open-air" designs so you can hear ambient noise, and while that doesn't bother me, I don't want to add to that ambiance.
3. Auto power - When not in use these will always be on the base, so I'd like to not have to also flip a switch.
4. No interference from my wireless B router - These weren't so common when most of these units were posted about previously...

Sound quality is not a huge issue since I won't be mixing with these. They had several units at Radio Shack. Are these mfd. by reputable sources (like the old Shure condenser mics they had there)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Say, Clay:

I've had a couple pair of cordless. Currently, I'm using AMPHONY WIRELESS CANS for "loose" work around the studio and listening outside whilst having a cold one during warm weather.

You can punch up Amphony on the net and get all the info you need. They are closed cans. They do have a good range; however, you say that's not important.

They are comfortable. They are not expensive.

They have an on/off switch and use 2 AA batteries and have no recharging unit.

Good luck.

Green Hornet :cool: :D :D :)

Back