weird sounds/clipping/static noise problems

applewormy

I have a DA-2496 midi/audio interface and I'm having some trouble with it or my sequencing program acid pro 4.0

Well I record my midi to audio as usual and it comes out fine as usual for a few days. The problem is, that after awhile, the audio starts clipping and making frequent static noises during play.

I know the audio file isn't damaged because I loop it where I first hear the clipping and it doesn't clip but it start clipping in other random spots of the audio file. I've also played it in my other players like realplayer and windows media player and the files don't make that noise. Can you guys help me...

applewormy,

I take it the DA-2496 is an Edirol?

I have had/have a similar issue. I'm using Cakewalk's Sonar 2.2. Your post has got me thinking if there might be an issue with the MIDI on the card. When writing this, I'm assuming that it's a click as opposed to a clip. I was trying to sync my software as a slave to my Roland 840EX. What would happen would be, if i sync'ed it using MTC, half way through playback there would be a slight discrepancy when recording which became more obvious during playback. I can't explain it any better than that. After recording the track I took a closer look at the wave form. What I would find is that the wave form would jump from say 12Db to 0Db, causing a slight 'click' during playback.

Can you check you wave form and see if you get the same thing. I've got a gut suspicion that there might be something wrong with either the driver or the midi port of the card.

Let me know your findings and if it is so, we might have to mention something to Edirol.

Porter

Back