Weird Question

RockClimber

Okay so, I know it’s kind of a weird question, but I just finished recording a vocalist and most of the track sounds good. However, there are several parts I would like to tune because they had trouble singing low enough. Is there any way I can record myself singing the part in the right pitch and apply the same curves or waves (or whatever it’s called) to the audio clip I have of the vocalist. I have tried tuning it manually, but it sounds very robotic, and I didn't know if this could help. I am using sonar X1, and as you can see, I am new to this, so I apologize for the lack of technical words. Thanks!

What tool did you use to tune?

Autotune plugins should be capable of doing this subtly. You'd want to reduce the variation in pitch around the desired note, but maintain realistic note transition speed.

A combination of high speed and very low variation = robotic.

Also, don't apply the effect to the whole track; Just to the sections that are out.

For really subtle tuning on one or two notes, i've used a doubler in the past and disabled all voices except one.
This allowed me to automate the pitch of the remaining voice.

Can you post the original solo vocal track?

Hope that helps.

What tool did you use to tune?

Autotune plugins should be capable of doing this subtly. You'd want to reduce the variation in pitch around the desired note, but maintain realistic note transition speed.

A combination of high speed and very low variation = robotic.

Also, don't apply the effect to the whole track; Just to the sections that are out.

For really subtle tuning on one or two notes, i've used a doubler in the past and disabled all voices except one.
This allowed me to automate the pitch of the remaining voice.

Can you post the original solo vocal track?

Hope that helps.

Why use autotune when you can use V-Vocal? It's already built-into SONAR. I'm not an expert on it but I do know it does have some form of pitch correction.

Did you read my post? I asked him which pitch correction tool he is using.

When i said "Autotune plugins", perhaps i should have said "pitch correction plugins",

but my point was that regardless of brand, any of these types of tool should be capable of subtlety.

Thanks y'all! Like I said, I am new to this and don't have a ton of experience, especially with Sonar. I got it all fixed now thanks!

Back