Weird Music Again

Cool. I really like this a lot. It seemed like there was some strange panning going on at times - like the part beginning around :47...I guess it's the shaker(s)?

Really a nice imaginative arrangement. Good full sound too.

I did kind of want it to break into more of a traditional song at some point I guess. If you could include these kinds of passages in the context of a bigger song with lyrics and more of a melody, that would be way cool.

Very interesting and fun as is though.

Thanks

It seemed like there was some strange panning going on at times - like the part beginning around :47...I guess it's the shaker(s)?
yeah, technical problems :D should do a new, cleaner mixdown..

did kind of want it to break into more of a traditional song at some point I guess. If you could include these kinds of passages in the context of a bigger song with lyrics and more of a melody, that would be way cool.
Could be cool. I don't really plan much of the songs, just record a basic drum oder percussion track and then i see what i can do with it
i think i plan the tape bounces more than the song itself
maybe i should do more "composing" before recording ;) but most of the times i tried something like that it seldom turned out like i wanted it to be and i abandoned the song because of frustrations

Nice!

I generally agree with Heat. I'd like to hear it turn into a regular song.
Also, right around 0:42, the left channel seems really empty. Once the buzz has panned over and it's just the "melody" on that side, there's not a lot happening.

This left me feeling confused and asking myself wtf am I listening to? It's like the soundtrack to a Pee Wee Herman dream. I didn't want to like it, but I really do. Pretty cool. :D

My only critique is with the "buzzy" thing that ramps up in frequency and pans across the field. I like the idea of it, but the ramping up is not smooth. Maybe that's intentional? I'd like to hear a linear smooth ramp up instead of being able to hear it in steps.

Also, right around 0:42, the left channel seems really empty. Once the buzz has panned over and it's just the "melody" on that side, there's not a lot happening.
Thanks, yes, i should do another mix, there's some issue with the tape i mixed to(one channel slightly drops out a few times)

My only critique is with the "buzzy" thing that ramps up in frequency and pans across the field. I like the idea of it, but the ramping up is not smooth. Maybe that's intentional? I'd like to hear a linear smooth ramp up instead of being able to hear it in steps.
Yeah, thought so too, but it's quiet hard to do this on this ribbon"keyboard":
View attachment 79413
used a toothpick to play it.
tried to use the lfo for the ramping, that's alot smoother but hard to get the timing right somehow
i really don't know how pee wee hermans dreams would look like ;) thanks for commenting and listening

Yeah I thought it was cool. For me it's probably not something I'd like to listen to every day. But for a change of pace, it was interesting. Lot's of little sonic do-hickeys to keep the listener on their toes.

No real nits. I thought things sounded pretty good.

Enjoyable listen - Joe meek would've punched you out over it.
It could easily morph into & out of a Jonathon Richman style song or just sontinue - enjoyed it a lot - thanks.

Back