Weird Goings on inside the goldmine

grimtraveller

If only for a moment.....
Back in 1978, the Jacksons had a minor hit with "Blame it on the Boogie" with Michael Jackson singing the lead, as he mostly did with the group.
Michael Jackson was one of the writers of the song.......but not the Michael Jackson that sang it ! It was an English guy called Michael Jackson {he was going by the name 'Mick' at the time}.
There have been all kinds of odd coincidences, anomalies, paradoxes and suchlike in music, film, politics and other arenas. It's a daft idea for a thread, but it might develop into a fun one. Many of us are old enough {ancient Mariners, ⛵⚓️no less !} to be able to come up with some of those "stranger than fiction" type observations.
And if the thread dies a death, may it be a lonely, painful one !

Another one that has long struck me as funny involves the band Duran Duran. Of the 5 members of the band during their heyday, 3 of them had the surname Taylor......but none of them were related in any way ! I mean, 2 unrelated Turners in Wishbone Ash is one thing, but 3 unrelated Taylors ?
And as a side dish, one of the Taylors, Roger, was the drummer. Queen's drummer is also called Roger Taylor.

OK, how about....

Barry Manilow wrote a ton of huge songs for himself and other artists, including the "Tonight Show" theme and one of Coca-Cola's big jingles, among others.

But the one song he didn't write was his hit called "I Write the Songs".

That's all I got.....

Last edited:
Turner? Taylor? Ok... how about Ogilvie? I mean... Turner and Taylor seem like common enough surnames to actually happen... but Ogilvie?! Skinny Puppy had at one point in time Nivek Ogre (Kevin Ogilvie) and Dave "Rave" Ogilvie... no relation! :O

WATTS IN A NAME ?

The Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts played in two bands {the Stones being one of them} that were originally led by an individual named Brian Jones. Completely different Brian Joneses !

While it's not been unusual to have two bands with the same name {there's been 2 Skid Rows, 2 Rolling Stones ~ although one didn't make records, 2 Nazz's - although one changed its name and eventually became Alice Cooper when the other released its debut album - and 2 Nirvanas, for example} rarely has there been 3 {well, outside of Christian rock, anyway} and rarely have all three existed at the same time and made albums at the same time. But in the late 60s, this happened with Kaleidoscope. And they were all psychedelic bands. There was the American one, 1700154364518.pngthe English one {whose lead singer and lyricist was amusingly named Pete Daltrey !}1700154387756.png and the Puerto Rican one.1700154426628.png
I would joke that it must have been some pretty potent acid they were dropping, but the English lot were notoriously drug-free, although you'd never have guessed it from their music which sang of feathered tigers and sky children.

Immediately im reminded that english is not a programming language. so I hesitate to buy into this 'gold', but I like where your head is at.

It was because of their names..in your game/reality/thing it seems feasible that it was their names? 'power'.

Little ol' band from Texas trio ZZ Top, the drumber's name was Frank Beard. He was the only member of the group who didn't have one.

That's all I got. *shrug*
Nope, it fits. I always thought that was funny. Frankie Beard who doesn't have one !
😄😁😆😺😸😹
You're not alone Rami ! All the linguistic experts from every research centre and university in the Western world have given up on Lazer !
I'm just glad he's still with us !!🤡

You're not alone Rami ! All the linguistic experts from every research centre and university in the Western world have given up on Lazer !
I'm just glad he's still with us !!🤡
If you give up. That means i let you quit. That means i quit too. and that aint happening.

I got em by the balls. whole fuckn thing. ill stand until the whole thing falls down..when you know you are right, and you have nothing to lose...its pure win.

schools is where the rules are made. i know the rules we made...thats the deal. aint nothing else.

If you give up. That means i let you quit. That means i quit too. and that aint happening.

I got em by the balls. whole fuckn thing. ill stand until the whole thing falls down..when you know you are right, and you have nothing to lose...its pure win.

schools is where the rules are made. i know the rules we made...thats the deal. aint nothing else.
:LOL::thumbs up:😅 I rest my case !

Little ol' band from Texas trio ZZ Top, the drumber's name was Frank Beard. He was the only member of the group who didn't have one.

That's all I got. *shrug*
I got one...well maybe

Elle king

is really Jessie murph..same person

voice is the same

Last edited:
The late 60s psych/nascent progressive rock band, It's a Beautiful Day {their song, "Bombay Calling" was mercilessly ripped off by Deep Purple for "Child in Time"} was led by a violinist called David LaFlamme. Also in the band was a keyboardist, Linda LaFlamme, who happened to be his wife.
The band released a few albums, split up in the 70s and then sort of reformed with a couple of original members, including LaFlamme. On vocals was Linda LaFlamme who happened to be his wife.
But it wasn't the same Linda LaFlamme that was on keyboards and his wife in the original band ! :oops:

Seal's first album was just called "Seal." Damned good album with some superb songs.1700932413080.png
Seal's second album was just called "Seal." Damned good album with some superb songs.1700932438422.png

Guess what his third album was called ? :cry:

Back