weird crashing.. LE/XP users may benefit from this?

sirslurpee

What does THIS button do?
I dunno this is kind of stupid of me, but I have a bad habit of typing properly when I name my files... and I name them things like "yeah.. I stayed up 'till 8am writing this. cool huh?"
and.. well.. I think it's crashing cubase because of the use of characters in the file name like ' . ! , etc...

the error goes something along the lines of "invalid file name.. please save your file under another name and restart cubase" and then when you go to re-save it, it just crashes. So.. save yourself the trouble and don't make the mistake I did.. use only a-z 0-9 and spaces in your file names and no periods (.) commas (,) or EXCLAMATION MARKS (!)

Sorry for the bad joke.

even if i copy and rename it still has lost data... i just went ahead and re-tracked some of the stuff... well, first i tried to import it from the audio folder cuz it doesn't delete data that you erase from the project.. but i couldn't get it to line up right so I just re did it all and it sounds just as well anyway..

I agree about MS... although.. if it were *nix it wouldn't have a problem handling it no matter what heh... but, too bad.

Back