Wedding Present Question! Mic Related!

sprayfe

Allrighty, my fiance and i were talking about wedding presents and I realized this would be a great opportunity to pick up a great mic that I will keep forever. I would go as far as to say I have 700 dollars to spend. I was looking at the Blue Dragonfly today....dear lord that is a beautiful mic. Anyway,
application: My mic selection is pretty limited so far so I need versatility, but mainly, just a really good vocal mike
AT 3035 GT33 and few sdc's.

I suppose my ears are maturing because I am really starting to become unsatisfied with a lot of my vocal sounds. I record mainly my fiance and I and an acoustic guitar,
Thanks for any input, also, I can buy used,
Rafe

I saw "Wedding Present" in the title to this post and thought you were going to ask about the mics used by the band,"The Wedding Present." I'm still waiting for another album as good as Seamonsters produced by Steve Albini.
At any rate, get the Dragonfly. It's a good mic considering the price range and the mic's versitility. And congratulations on moving marriage and engagement away from the diamond solitaire tradition where the girl gets the ring and the guy gets the bill. When I got married, my wife bought me a Calumet C1 8x10 large format view camera.

A mic as a wedding persent? That's hillareous! I am getting married in 6 weeks, too -- and have to sell some of my mics to finance the wedding! On top, my fiance is getting jeleous coz I spend more time with my mics instead of her, so I better get rid of some ... :rolleyes:

P.S.: aren't wedding presents supposed to be for the couple?? I couldn't convince my fiance to set up the wedding registry at SamAsh; instead, we have one at Pottery Barns now ... Life is tough for married-to-be musicians!

Dude, the wedding present is from her, almost like a christmas present from each other, but just for the wedding. I don't know if we have some wierd traditions or what, buth hey, i am not gonna say anything!

Dude, the wedding present is from her, almost like a christmas present from each other, but just for the wedding. I don't know if we have some wierd traditions or what, buth hey, i am not gonna say anything!

naahhh -- don't get me wrong: its awesome that you are giving each other gifts, and that your fiance shares your passion for music! Best of luck for the wedding (and let us know what she've got for you)!

BTW: for 700 buxx you might get a Gefell M930. Awesome mic, especially on vocals!

My wife was going to buy me an expensive watch for my "special" birthday (won't tell you which one). My son tipped me off and I got a new Les Paul instead!

Back