website

jdizzel

Hey,

I am new at this mixing thing and was wondering if there was a website I can go to to help, sort of like a school

ok, well..... umm what are the eg settings for the kick, snare and hi hat. Basically, I am trying to get the perfect mix. I am mixing off of protools LE software. anything special I should know?

There are no "eq settings" for each -- it depends entirely on the context, the song, the production, and the way the tracks were recorded.

Your question is the equivalent of asking "how long a piece of string is".....

Also - there's no such thing as a perfect mix!

Here's an article that may shed some light on the elements of mixing though.... Mixing 101 - a Mixing Primer

When it comes to mixing, the best and only advice I can give you is to listen.

Listen to albums produced by other people. Listen to your own work. Listen to work done by others with equipment similar to yours. Listen through different speaker systems. Listen through headphones. Listen, listen, listen.

It's no trick, all you have to do is listen and you will eventually be able to mix well.

rvdsm said:
When it comes to mixing, the best and only advice I can give you is to listen.

Listen to albums produced by other people. Listen to your own work. Listen to work done by others with equipment similar to yours. Listen through different speaker systems. Listen through headphones. Listen, listen, listen.

It's no trick, all you have to do is listen and you will eventually be able to mix well.

I think you hit it right on the money. I'm going to start listening more. thanks!!

heres the answer......

use mic selection and placement to get the sound recorded as close to what you are looking for in each track.......

do a rough mix and place it in the Mixing Clinic forum and ask for EQ suggestions.......

Back