We Want Like The Devil To Believe

Hm... really nice sound on a nice melody...piano sounds good, and really spare playing - very nice - you're leaving all the right holes in.

Oh dude, that acoustic/harp interlude! Workingman's Dead. Tempo changes, sevenths... Nice, nice, nice.

Right electric - 1 dB too loud? It doesn't matter LOL it's great playing.

I'm putting a hr.com.clinic compilation for a buddy - this one's going on it. Good work. This one's a keeper.

How'd you get that echo on the acoustic at the beginning? It works a treat on a slow number like this.

This one's sweet, Groucho, right down to the little cymbal hits at the end.

How come the file's 10 MB? It's only 4 mineutes long... what mp3 resolution did you use?

Participant: Sorry about the second download.:) Thanks for taking the time. Alright, now do you have any particular Daniel Ash songs to recommend? I'm gonna go steal a couple off Kazaa just to see what you're talking about. :) And I agree with you about the Annie Lennox bg parts. But the bitch ain't returning my calls...

dobro: thanks for the listen - and for putting up with the file size (it's a 320 kbps - see previous feeble justifications for the large file size).

On the acoustic I have one copy panned with a tremolo that was "tremoloing" (is that a word?) at around the same bps as the song. I *didn't* do this to a click track or metronome so it's kind of a miracle it worked. Then I have another copy of the same acoustic track panned the other direction with a chorus effect. And then a more or less dry copy (maybe a little verb - I forget) in the middle.

Thanks for the words guys. It's very much appreciated.

Chris

Hey Groucho -- downloaded this yesterday and just got a chance to listen. Good tune, man!

Listening on cheap speakers and sounds like your vocal can come up a just a tad. Also the piano sounds a tad too loud on my end (just a tad)

I think your vocals fit this well. Nice work!

Pretty cool transition into the harp/blues feel section. I really like this!

:)

Back