We should make a compilation CD!!!!

sm2k

Actually, we've already made two!

And in fact, Volume II (a 3 disc set featuring 40 tracks from homerecording members released August 22nd, 2003) is now on sale at a reduced price of $17.99! All of our ordering and shipping is now being handled by CD Baby to make it easier than ever to get a copy for yourself!

All profits go back to the HomeRecording.Com BBS!!!!

To order and see pics, follow this link - https://homerecording.com/compcd/v2order.html

Track List:

1. Two Minute Warning - drstawl
2. bEdLaM - flat-9
3. You, You, & Me - Vicevursa
4. ODDA'SEE - MisterQCue
5. Le Caravan - Toki987
6. Fire Fightin' Man - Tucci
7. Left Over Right - camn
8. Crawling With The Ants - Slackmaster2K
9. Boogashreddazza - Lopp
10. Freakin' Out - beezelbubba
11. We Got Married - RWhite
12. Speak - Chibi Nappa
13. Morning Light - Chuck U
14. Bethsaida - muzeman
15. Opposites Distract - Brad
16. Chrysalis - sluice
17. Forgotten Blame - foo
18. Arti's Party - Alchuck
19. Can't Live Without You - scottboyher
20. Last Hurrah - Jamal Bucket
21. Wood and Hill - dtb
22. The Poetry - James Argo
23. Making Me a Mineral - dobro
24. Dream - BOYDRJ
25. Marry Me - regebro
26. The Gift - Jagular
27. Joyride - DaveO
28. Sunday Part 16 - Fading - Emeric
29. In the End - LiquidBronze
30. Interrogating Angels - WATYF
31. Give Up Find Love - jake-owa
32. The King's Gold - bdbdbuck, gospel, clifchamb
33. Lien's Song - David Artis
34. You Ain't Leaving Much Behind - Gidge
35. Niland - Shakey Tee
36. Bad Luck...Good Story - Aaron Cheney
37. In My Head - Voxvendor
38. Woolton Street - Chris Shaeffer
39. Reincarnation - LI Slim
40. I'll Remember - jcmm

Slackmaster 2000

I got Mine

I think you could easily produce a comp CD every 3 months from the abundance of quality material being posted here every day.
I'm sure at least 90% of the posters would welcome the chance to participate in this.
I'm also sure that most of us would be able to go, say $15.99
for a quarterly single CD.

I REALLY think there is easily enough material in the clinic for that.

Dan
Any thoughts on this??????

Well, there is roughly 6 months of overhead required to create a comp. First you need a reasonable submission deadline for people to send in their audio and signed contracts. Then you also have to spam for enough pre-orders to have the cash to actually produce the sucker (something like $2000 for Volume II). Then it always takes longer than you'd expect to do up the artwork, which can't be completed until you've got your actual masters - oh and mastering takes at least a week, 2-4 weeks if you're waiting on the mail. Then you have to shop for supplies that fit into the budget, and of course you have to prepare the whole thing for the replication plant which involves a lot of forms and proofs...and they always take at least a month from start to finish. Finally, when everything comes back, it takes at least an entire weekend to put the CD's together and box them up.

And after all that...we've basically just broken even. You need another 6-12 months to sell the sucker out, or at least sell enough to donate to the BBS and maybe have a little left over for the next comp.

The only way to put out more than one comp cd per year is to drastically reduce the quality to a homemade CDR...and frankly that's just not as much fun (and it's harder to sell).

Slackmaster 2000

We could (read: 'Slack could') do more than one CD a year if money was coming into the project from offsite. Money drives things and helps things happen faster.

I'm not saying that's what I want to happen necessarily; I'm just saying that's what's required.

So, if you want more than one CD per year, who's gonna do the offsite work?

Back