Wavelab pauses?

ecktronic

Mixing and Mastering.
I am mastering a live album and I have bounced the full album as 1 wave file.
I import this into wavelab and set the markers for start and end of the songs with no gaps between the markers.

I then copy and paste each song and save as separate files.
When I look at the separate files waves there are no gaps at all, but when I play these in Windows Media Player or VLC Player I get very short gaps between every song.
I'm hoping this is a problem with the players but it could be Wavelab.

Can anyone help me to not get gaps between the songs please? :)

Cheers

Ok, I tested for gaps by burning the separate files to CD (setting my burning software to no gaps) and ureeka, flawless play back, no gaps between tracks.

So my conclusion is that WMP and other players need a small few milliseconds to load the next track thus the gap between tracks. :)

Always burn CD's with the no gap setting, the gaps if any are put in during mastering. If you then copy or burn a CD with the gap between tracks turned on (default on some CD burning software) you will get a gap where you don't want one or a longer gap where there was one.

I sometimes get a slight glitch when playing albums on Ipods where the album is a continuous album like a live album or a dance mixup, I have noticed that the later ipods are better at this than the early ones, this is due to the player having to access the next file. I also had a DVD player that used to jump slightly when play the same CD's, this is now in the rubbish bin (should have run over it with the truck, the usual for things that piss me off like this), CD players and most DVD players are fine.

Alan.

Back