wavelab doesn't "see" CD burner

4ever

After everything is done in Sonar I was ready to burn the music in wavelab but it didn't see the cd burner. I recently replace my Celeron 1.4Gig with Atlon2800+. My new system has one DVD Rom and CD+RW X 40. I was able to save data on the CD but just that wavelab cannot burn the wave file. What might be the problem? Thanks.

I bought the Atlon new from Bestbuy so I don't think I have to re-format anything. I only reinstalled all my music software and moved my Sonar files.

Oh sorry, I thought you upgraded your machine... Have you checked Steinbergs Webpages for updates?

I believe Wavelab supplies its own CDR drivers. With a brand new system, it is very likely that your CD burner is too new for the datafile that came with Wavelab. As moskus said, you need to go to Steinberg and download the update.

Make sure you have Wavelab patched to the latest version, and download the CD Recorder update as well. You can get both here: http://service.steinberg.de/webdoc_ps_int.nsf/show/updates_applications_pro_pc_en

If that doesn't work you might want to go to the Steinberg Wavelab forum. This problem seems to be quite "popular" and there might be some help and/or workarounds available there.

And if you still can't get it to work, you can just export the wav-file and burn it with e.g. Nero.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I even bought an extranal CD burner but still Wavelab doesn't see it. Thankfully Nero program comes with the CD burner I bought so I'm working on it now. I will be checking the Steinberg sites as you all suggested.

Thank you for the COMMUNITY support. After installing the latest update, the CD writer is visible now.

Are you using Win XP?

Have you tried writing to the burner yet?

When I installed Win XP, all of a sudden Wavelab started making coasters for me. It would act like it was burning the CD, but all it did was write an index (which ruined the CD) and nothing else.

Hopefully you won't have the same problem, since I don't remember how I fixed it. :D

Back