wavelab 3.0

spacedye

Vest
hey there...
does anyone use Steinberg wavelab 3.0?

if you do....
i need to divide a 40 minute song into different sections.
in other words- make songs within the song.
does anyone know how to do that? because i dont really understand it very well.
Thanks.

Just select the section you want and do a "copy to new window". Repeat this until you have everything divided up approximately correct, and then you can work on making clean edits at the beginning and ends of your soon-to-be new files.

Slackmaster 2000

Hmm, seems like a pretty easy way to do it to me.

If you need something more automated, in wavelab 4 there is an option under Tools called "Auto Split", do you see that in version 3?

Slackmaster 2000

Is this for track splitting? If so, just use the Montage function. CD tracks can be dropped anywhere. From there, you could technically burn a CD and then import the different tracks into their own windows. It seems kind of redundant, but about as easy as the previous suggestion.

Mike

there is a section in the help file about splitting.
unfortunately, i cant copy and paste it on here. but i attached the file. page 81. i cant seem to get passed step 2. and my pointer doesnt turn into a scissors.
i know it can be done within the file itself by adding markers in the areas i want to split the file at. i just cant seem to do it.
are you guys using version 3?
i couldnt attach the file either so....
heres the link.
http://home.hiram.edu/www/whrm/files/Wavelab3.pdf

you're making it too hard

go here <http://www.etree.org/cdwave.html> and download CDWAV. This is a spectacular utility for splitting one large wav file into many tracks. I use it for tracking out live shows all the time.

FAR easier a solution than copying/pasting to new wav files within an audio editor.

wade

hmmmmm.
let me get back to you on this...
im not really a fan of all the importing/exporting, but steinberg still hasnt gotten back to me yet, and copying/pasting/fine editing will be costly to the band and its a bit too involved.

thanks for the option, now ill check it out.

Wade,
a nice program. splits files nicely. now, if only i had recorded the file im trying to split in 8 or 16 bit, everything would be great!!!
unfortunately, i didnt. for some reason, i used 24 bit. and i dont see how i can change that.
anyone????????

its definitely a nice program, but wavelab gives you a bit more of a detailed approach to it. hence my problems...... : (

Back