Was thinking about a RME FF 800, now I am buying...

Wow- had I known you were interested in the very best you can get regardless of price, I wouldn't have suggested the RME.

That's an awesome set you have coming! Hope it exceeds your expectations!Cheers, Rez

Well it is not really price is not an object. But at the price point of the Lynx stuff it is really hard to not pass it up. For about $3500.00 you can have a full 16 channel A/D and D/A converter. The possibilites with something like that and a 16 channel Allen and Heath are just awesome. The comparable capability with Apogee would be over $7000.00 and Lavry would be at that or more. Bang for buck you can't go wrong with the Lynx. It just takes a little more money. Really kind of like buying two RME FF 800. But with a better result.

Thanks Rez!

The Apogee Big Ben is an excellent clock. I currently have a Universal Audio 2192 that I use for A/D and D/A and it also has a very nice clock. I am not sure whether or not something like the Lucid would actually be a step up from the Lynx's internal clock, but it may be. The Lucid can be had for pretty cheap but is a pretty solid clock none the less:) I have a Lynx Aurora 16, Big Ben, and the AES card coming in later this week for a high end install in a Live Venue up here. If I get a chance I will try and compare the Big ben clock with the internal and the UA.

The Apogee Big Ben is an excellent clock. I currently have a Universal Audio 2192 that I use for A/D and D/A and it also has a very nice clock. I am not sure whether or not something like the Lucid would actually be a step up from the Lynx's internal clock, but it may be. The Lucid can be had for pretty cheap but is a pretty solid clock none the less:) I have a Lynx Aurora 16, Big Ben, and the AES card coming in later this week for a high end install in a Live Venue up here. If I get a chance I will try and compare the Big ben clock with the internal and the UA.

That would be awesome if you could compare them.. It may take me a little bit if I want a Big Ben... I agree with you on the Lucid, I am not sure if it would be any better than the Lynx's clock either.

Plus, its not like the Lynx will not sound good without and external clock. The few people I know that have the Aurora's though all seem to agree that there is a noticable difference with a good clock. They all have the Big Ben fyi....

Plus, its not like the Lynx will not sound good without and external clock. The few people I know that have the Aurora's though all seem to agree that there is a noticable difference with a good clock. They all have the Big Ben fyi....

It is going to be a HUGE step up from my MOTU 828mkII!!

The Aurora and AES16 arrived today. I will fax the proof of purchase and serial numbers to Lynx and then they will ship the cables to me.. So a little more wait till I can play with it.

Back