Wanted: TASCAM 58 Rack Ears

58andCounting

Thela Hun Ginjeet
Wanted: TASCAM 58 Rack Ears.

Forgive me that this is my first post and it's asking! 😁

I am sure this is a well-sought-after item, but I am a buyer if anybody wants to sell theirs!

Thank you! 58AC

Wanted: TASCAM 58 Rack Ears.

Forgive me that this is my first post and it's asking! 😁

I am sure this is a well-sought-after item, but I am a buyer if anybody wants to sell theirs!

Thank you! 58AC
Can you find a picture of them to link? I would suggest you find a firm that sells Aluminium extrusions and buy some 'ally angle'? A few minutes with a Deck&Blacker should give you the goods!

Alternatively Tascam MIGHT give you an engineering drawing and in that case any small engineering firm with a CNC machine could bash you out a couple in minutes.

Dave.

Can you find a picture of them to link? I would suggest you find a firm that sells Aluminium extrusions and buy some 'ally angle'? A few minutes with a Deck&Blacker should give you the goods!

Alternatively Tascam MIGHT give you an engineering drawing and in that case any small engineering firm with a CNC machine could bash you out a couple in minutes.

Dave.

Thanks, Dave! I understand I can certainly DIY a nice set or even some nice wood panels to help the deck look great on top of the rack where it sits! The truth is, the putty color factory rails are pretty bland! I was going for the possible low-hanging fruit first! 😁 My deck is 100% intact except for the rails, so it was also a bit of an OCD thing. I'll review my manuals to see what I can find regarding specs. But it's nothing complicated.

It’s a bit grainy but here is the drawing for the RM-501 rack mount kit from the 58 manual. If you can’t read one or more of the dimensions look in your manual or I can look in mine. It’s just not the best scan:

IMG_0437.jpeg

Super, not exactly F1 precision engineering needed there? More your high school metalwork class.

Dave.

Super, not exactly F1 precision engineering needed there? More your high school metalwork class.

Dave.
True…but…I *completely* get where the OP is coming from. I’d want the factory parts too just because.

It’s a bit grainy but here is the drawing for the RM-501 rack mount kit from the 58 manual. If you can’t read one or more of the dimensions look in your manual or I can look in mine. It’s just not the best scan:

View attachment 135947
Cheers, brother, I appreciate that~ I have it in a rack now (and stationary), and it looks great without the rack ears. At 60+ lbs it's pretty stable! This will be a project soon! 🙏 8-)

Back