Wanted: Fender Acoustasonic Review

Forte

I was shopping around for a new amp and came upon the Fender Acoustasonic. Apparently they have three models in the series: Acoustasonic 30, Acoustasonic Jr., and Acoustasonic FX.
I'm an aspiring solo artist equipped with an acoustic and some vocals. I will probably play in small clubs, coffee houses, and bars and leaning towards the Acoustasonic Jr. - I think it would best suit my needs. The FX looks great but might be overkill, and at it's price, I don't think it can fit my budget. However, in the future I might decide to pair up with other musicians and don't want to be stuck with an amp that isn't poweful enough to compete with other intruments. Will the Jr. be able to cut it? Should I wait till I can afford the FX? Has anybody had experience with these amps? Can anybody suggest an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Forte said:
Why would I post a question about an amp in the guitar forum? :rolleyes:
er.... because they usually work together??? :confused: :p

Anyways, I have a Fender Acoustasonic kicking around the studio -- (the 30, I beleive) -- it's a very nice amp for acoustic guitar........ great sound..... records well... I've never used the mic input feature and probably never will, but the rest of it is solid............

:confused: Hmmm I guess that would make sense... I guess. :confused:

Anyway, thanks for the review. Why wouldn't you use the mic input? Would it be bad? That's actually one of the features that attracted me to it. :o Should I not use it? What would you suggest instead? Go easy on the newbie.

I guess I'll move this question to the guitar section too. :p

I think the intent for that was to act as a PA-type think to get voice and acoustic guitar amplified......... I'm sure it works fine for that purpose... but I didn't buy it for that (I bought it because of the sound of the amp with an acoustic!), and since it's used only in the studio - I have no use for that particular feature!

That's what I figured. I wonder if it sounds well when used as a PA. I guess it would depend on the mic? Hmmmmm

Back