Want to try Fralin P-92s

Milnoque

Resident Curmudgeon
OK,

So I have a Heritage H-555 (Basically like a Gibson 335). It's got Fralin PAFs in it. I want to try Fralin P-92s in it. That's basically a P-90 with a split coil like a P bass pickup. I'm thinking of going to 300K pots and .022 caps. The new pickups have more gain than Fenders but less than the PAFs. Anyone out there with P-90 experience have any thoughts?

The value of the pots will be relatively unimportant. I'd probably just use 500k pots. Just use what's in there - their electronics are fine.

And by the by, I would guess you are going to love them. I've got a set of Twangmasters in one of my guitars, and they are the only "quite" single coils I've ever heard that actually SOUND like real single coils (without the noise, of course). Lindy does amazing stuff.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

The value of the pots will be relatively unimportant. I'd probably just use 500k pots. Just use what's in there - their electronics are fine.

And by the by, I would guess you are going to love them. I've got a set of Twangmasters in one of my guitars, and they are the only "quite" single coils I've ever heard that actually SOUND like real single coils (without the noise, of course). Lindy does amazing stuff.

Yeah, the Fralin PAFs that are in it now are as sweet sounding as I could ever hope for. I LOVE the guitar as it is. I just doesn't fit the musical context I need right now. A pickup swap seemed like the best way to get that guitar back in my hands.

Even after a good cleaning the pots are a little scratchy. I'm going to replace them anyway. I'll probably get a few of each.

Have you ever tried using a 500K on the bridge and a 300K on the neck?

Back