Want to stream my DJ set over Twitch TV, but I am running into a problem with noise.

Kwipper

I am new here. Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong area. This also may or may not be a long post, so please bare with me....

I want to stream my DJ set on twitch TV, but I am running into a problem with electronic noise on my line-in of my soundcard.

First... here is my setup so I can paint a clear picture...

- Open Broadcasting Software (https://obsproject.com) to stream my audio/video to Twitch.TV

- Traktor Kontrol S2 controller (with Traktor v2.10 software) (Using a Stereo RCA male to 1/8 inch male TRS cable)

- Blue Yeti Microphone (Blue Microphones | Yeti ? All-In-One Professional Recording System for Vocals) (using a 1/8 inch male to male TRS cable)

I want feed the audio from ASIO sound card that is built into the Traktor Kontrol S2 controller, and the the output if my microphone into the audio portion of my twitch tv stream. The problem is when I use my onboard audio (realtek alc1150) on my motherboard OR on PCI-E Creative Soundblaster XFI soundcard, I get considerable line-in electronic interference noise. I can hear it clearly when I crank the volume to 100% on my master volume. I have to use the line-in/microphone of my sound card because, OBS doesn't support the native ASIO coming out from the soundcard from my controller.

I also took the liberty to check to make sure that the microphone and controller weren't generating their own interference noise from the source by plugging my headphones and listening to the audio output. They are both crystal clear with no noise at all from the sources. It only happens when I plug them into my sound card(s)

Here's a recording I took of the silence. I amplified it so you can hear it better.

https://clyp.it/kr0dtw2q

I figure that I need to have an external USB sound card in order to get rid of the line-in noise. So I try the Soundblaster Omni Surround 5.1 (SB1560) which has a microphone and line-in, but after setting it up and trying it out the noise was actually was worse. I tried also setting it up on my laptop using a different power source, but I had the same result. I only hear this noise whenever I monitor the line-in, and I hear it in my recordings.

I am unsure what kind of external sound card should get in order to set this up properly. I am looking for one that can accept two (stereo) line-in, 1/8 inch sources that do not have any electronic interference noise problems.

I might be doing this the completely wrong way, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am not afraid of criticism. This is a learning experience for me.

Thank you for your time.

The NI Traktor controller already IS an interface AFICT (cannot dldd manual) so I don't see the need for another?

But then I don't know much about this streaming game! However if you really do ne another AI there can surely be no better choice than the NI KA6? I would talk to Native Instruments.

Dave.

Back