Want a Single Coil for Humbuckers

Double

I want to install a single coil pick up between my to Humbuckers (Bridge
Resistance is 13K the Neck is 6.5K) on a 5 way switch. I am looking for a single coil that is close to the output of the Humbuckers but it has have no noise and still sound like a strat pick up. I have a Lace Burgundy in there now but I am not that happy with it, any suggestions?

I want to install a single coil pick up between my to Humbuckers (Bridge
Resistance is 13K the Neck is 6.5K) on a 5 way switch. I am looking for a single coil that is close to the output of the Humbuckers but it has have no noise and still sound like a strat pick up. I have a Lace Burgundy in there now but I am not that happy with it, any suggestions?
Any true single coil pickup is going to have less output than a humbucker and be somewhat susceptible to noise. That said, I hear that these http://www.kinman.com/index.php have a truer single coil sound with noiseless operation than most Strat-style drop-in pickups.

I am looking for a single coil that is close to the output of the Humbuckers but it has have no noise and still sound like a strat pick up.

If you need hum free, Kinman's and the Seymour Duncan Classic Stack Plus are the best things out there. I've got the Seymour's in my strat, and to my ear they sound more like single coils Strat pickups than anything else I've tried, and I've tried them all.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back