Wanna hear me beat the shit out of my guitar?

joro

The Pie Guy
well.....do ya ....punk!.................:rolleyes:
OK......Breedlove through a Rode NT1 into a Mackie Pre...into a Delta 1010 slaved to a Lucid Genex 96-6 into Adobe Audition on the PC......

Bass is direct into the Mackie and so is the synth.....I have to apologize for the synth...it's a Casio low level board.....and more to the point...I am a low low level player.......

Guess what I use as a peculum for the guitar and win the Booby prize....... :rolleyes:

no name...no lyrics....just off the cuff....

drums might be real cool on this though....wish I knew how to play them....

Attachments

• riff take one with bass and organ_mix1_192.mp3
    6.1 MB · Views: 25
I can dig it. Smooth transitions, nice simple lines. I actually wouldn't toy with drums on the track. Sounds so nice (I even like the organ, honestly) that I'd maybe turn the guitar over on my knee and mic it real close for some nice hand/wood percussion. Maybe even foot stomps and clapping hands if you wanna take it the folky classic rock style that it seems to be suggesting.

The 1st couple of bass notes are mushy & mess up the guitar low notes.
All I'd suggest is some tidying up of the bass - cut 5 dbs at 100, boost 4dbs at 200 & then a 5db boost at 3k to give it some definition - all with a Q of 3.
Nice stuff otherwise. I'd not add anything to it except maybe some low key cymbals.
I like the otgan - reminds me of VU live with Lou Reed 1969.

Thanks for the feedback man...
I re-mixed and did a lot more than eq the bass....I really think it's much better now...

Thanks again.

Attachments

• riff take one with bass and organ_mix2_192.mp3
    6.1 MB · Views: 2
Back