Wall Construction

ENIGMACODE

Hey Gang .......

How's everyone?

I haven't been here for a while ........

Anyway - I'm getting ready to begin Wall Construction in my multi-purpose recording/rehearsal room, and thought I'd run a few things by you guys .......

I'm constructing ONE multi-purpose recording/rehearsal room (within my small garage) (a floating room)

I started by first fastening pressure treated 2X6's 8" apart (as runners), on the concrete floor - as I understand it, I should use plenty of Construction GLUE on the runners BEFORE I fasten 3/4" Plywood to the top of them

As I understand it I should use some type of FOAM, or RUBBER gasket between the Plywood and the 2X6 Wall Plates - yes?

I'd like to use my OWN method of Wall Construction:
Should I DRYWALL First, BEFORE attaching a homemade Foam Insulation? This homemade Wall configuration will have some type of insulation FACED with a Flexible FABRIC and Finnished with Strips of 1X3's running Vertically every 2' or so .......

Questions:
Should I fasten the Foam (Fiberglass) directly to a DRYWALLED surface? Then cover it with some type of Fabric?

I'm sure some of you guys are familiar with this type of 'HOMEMADE' appraoch .......
(Cheaper than Auralex)

Any ideas?
Best Regards
rocknroll@ucwphilly.rr.com:p

Back