Waldorf XTK tempo knob problem...

chlorinedream

I'm trying to change the tempo of some preset arpeggio patterns on my new XTK--but when I try to change it using the knob, it seems I can only change it in increments of 2 (so 124, 126, 128, etc.) how do I change it to say 125? I've tried turning the knob really slowly but it only moves in increments of 2--is there a resolution for the knob that can be changed?

thanks

I'm shooting in the dark here (I don't have a Waldorf XTK) but a lot of keyboards, along with a dial/knob, have an increase button and decrease button (often marked "+" and "-") that will increase or decrease whatever paramenters you are dealing with by increments of 1. Also if you have a number pad (with buttons for numbers 0-9) you might try punching the exact number in.

i looked for something like that but couldnt find anything. this is truly odd! hopefully there are some XTK users out there who can help.

Slave the arpeggio clock to an external sequencer. You will be able to set any tempo you desire, down to 1/1000 of a BPM if the sequencer is running on a computer.

They probably didn't expect you to want to control it so precisely from the front panel so that's why you can only get every other number...

ssscientist said:
Slave the arpeggio clock to an external sequencer. You will be able to set any tempo you desire, down to 1/1000 of a BPM if the sequencer is running on a computer.

I'm using Digital Performer, how do I change the BPM from the sequencer? (I've always just used the controls on my AN1X in the past)

thanks

In the GLOBAL parameters set the MIDI channel and set the XT to SLAVE. It should derive its time code automatically from DP after that. Changing the tempo should be on your transport bar in DP. It's been a few years since I used Digital Performer so maybe I'm wrong... all I know is that it was in plain sight and easy to see.

Back