Wah technique - left or right foot?

Superhuman

Shagaholic
Unusual question for anyone who has excellent ability with wah pedals... Left foot or right foot?
I've been playing guitar for a long time and can play pretty well, just got a Dunlop CryBaby and it feels weird on both feet - used it for the first time yesterday.
Before I immerse myself in getting used to this pedal I was wondering if there is a prefered side for right handed players? I find that its more comfortable on the left side and but I have more control with the right for subtle nuances. Obviously this has a lot to do with the sides of the brain. Any opinions? Any scientific reasoning to which side 'should' be better?

There really is no answer to this question. Its all very personal. kinda like which foot do you use instinctively to kick a soccer ball (foot ball for all you euros :p)
Ive been using a dunlop wah for a long time and the thought of which foot to use never even crossed my mind. I play right handed and usually use my right foot (but can use my left) - i guess that just felt right from the get go. If you feel more comfortable using your left - then use you left. The more you use it the more you'll get accustomed to using that foot and the nuances / control will come.

...maybe your feet are ambidextrous :D

Oddly enough, I had my Cry Baby out for the first time in years this morning (the pot has gotten scratchy) and I use my right foot. I think it depends on which side is dominant.

I use my left foot, but I think its more natural for me because Ive played drums for a lot longer and use my left foot to keep time on the hats

I'm left handed, I play a right handed guitar I think I'd just fall down if I tried to operate the wah with my feet. I get the drummer to push it for me :D

I'm right handed and use my left foot for the Wah Wah. I have tried my right foot a few times just to see what it felt like. The fact that the guitar body rests on my right thigh/hip area gave me less control. That's just me! :)
I surf/skateboard goofy footed (which is a right handed person who leads with his right foot like a natural footed left handed person would... :eek: :D) so I guess I am a goofy footed guitarist. :)

I'm right handed and use my right foot for a wah pedal or a volume pedal. It gives me much better control and better precision for me.

The dominant foot is the one you kick a ball with. You might be ambipal! How are you with a ball?

Interesting question. I don't own a pedal, but it's not something I every really thought about. I'd say go with what feels most comfortable.

Just kind of curious, and this is already a wah topic, can you create distortion by leaning on the wah and leaving it in various down positions instead of rocking it back and forth? I read Frank Zappa created this technique and showed it to Hendrix, but I have no idea if it's bull or not.

Back