Wah pedal shorting out?

Purge

Traitorous Usurper
I've got a Morley Bad Horsie 2 that runs in the front of my pedal chain (well, after the TU-2 :o), and I had some problems at practice last night. Everything ended up turning off at not so convenient intervals. Jiggling the input cable would light it all back up, but stepping on the wah would shut it down again. I took the stupid thing out of the chain, and everything else worked just fine for the rest of the night.

So, what's the culprit? The TU-2 is powering everything, so is there a problem with the power matchup here? Or is it a short in the pedal? The jack? Is this worth fixing, or easy to fix myself? I like the pedal, and I'm just considering getting another one, but if this one is salvageable, then all the better.

Excellent! I'll try taking a look at that...thanks for the advice! :rolleyes:
Sounds to me like it might be the input jack's connection between the DC ground and the shaft of the input plug, which is the "switch" that turns on most pedals, but without seeing it in person that's just a guess, of course. If that's the problem then it's probably worth fixing, but I have no idea if you could do it yourself or not.

Back