Waffleness - Green

Waffleness

Ahoy me hearties,

I mixed-down 'Green' last night. Its my first atempt at recording something more rock-like. I'm not entirely sure about it, but I won't say anything so if you would be kind enough to give it a listen. All feedback appreciated!

Can be found at:
www.waffleness.co.uk

Yes, I had a beer and made some stupid noises into a microphone :D

Many thanks!

W

Nice composition again! All keyboard again? Sounds like midi and samples again, esp. that little break around 3:00. But the mix sounds good on my headphones (again :D ) I'd mess with the bass sound a little, It's a real low rolling sound, no attack. Needs some more mids or something. The vox noises remind me of whale noises :D

Kick lacks presence

I liked it, but imo, the kick lacked a little presence...seemed kind of dull sounding and not as punchy as it perhaps should be. The effect was prevalent as soon as the crunch guitar kicked in. Likewise the snare lost some high end sparkle when crunch came in.

Secondly, really not digging the synthesized toms at 2:18.

Thirdly, although the funky bit at 0306 sounds generally awesome, I don't like the synthesized bass. I'm sure somebody here would be quite happy to have a crack at it...but its ok if you are going for a ska-electronic type of sound which it sounds like you might be :-)

At 3:41, not really liking the off-beat crunch sound...more that I'm not a fan of the tone to be honest. Perhaps a clean sound would suit the feel a little better (but only here - sounds great everywhere else).

Finally, I really like it! Very interesting and varied :-)

Ben

Thanks for the responses! I will take a look into making it less synthy.

I am aiming to make it all as real sounding as possible, but the only thing that was recorded by me was the guitar - everything else is samples. I own a cheap yamaha guitar and a 15W roland amp. The sound out of it isnt amazing, but seems to work for now.

I will touch up the bass and kick.

Thanks again for your time :)

Help, the Brits are coming....:eek::D
Nice work, Waffleness!
I was waiting for the voice to start but it never did....:(
My only nit are the drums, 'cos they sound a bit too artificial, but maybe that's what you want, so.....
I drank lots of Italian wine today, so don't take me too seriously :D
I liked it! (I mean the song.....)

Joe :)

This is more organic than the artichoke - guitars can do that so easily.
Song wise it's good - does beg for a vocal melody though.

Back