Waaaahhhhh - Somebody bought my baby

dang.... nice return. maybe I should air-brush a babe on my prs copy that I bought for $80.

That didn't even look like Erica E. to me but is was an interesting paintjob. $1600 !!! That will buy a lot of gear. The LP Studio will be a sweeeet guitar.

What kind of pickups are in the HM Strat ? I'd love to have a Fat Strat but with a hard tail (no tremolo). Can you order custom guitars from Fender with the pickups, color, and hardware of your choice ? A custom job. Does it make more sense for me to just buy a Fat Strat and install the hard tail myself or just leave the tremolo alone ? I hate tremolos and don't want the hassle, and the hardtails only seem to come with single-coils and I want one humbucker on it.

Why can't life be simple ? :D

Wide Awake said:
That didn't even look like Erica E. to me but is was an interesting paintjob.

To see a comparison, see my website where I posted the original pic. When compared to the original, you can see the resemblance:
http://www.loppnow.com

$1600 !!! That will buy a lot of gear. The LP Studio will be a sweeeet guitar.

Thanks for the endorsement. The Studio should be a good addition to add variety to my arsenal. I've always wanted a maple bodied 24 3/4" scale axe. However, it will be hard to replace the ESP Custom. It was an incredible guitar (aside from the boobies).

What kind of pickups are in the HM Strat ?

Dunno off the top of my head. They stopped making the HM Strat in the early 90's. All I know is the neck is sweeeeet, especially at the going rate of around $300.

I'd love to have a Fat Strat but with a hard tail (no tremolo). Can you order custom guitars from Fender with the pickups, color, and hardware of your choice ? A custom job. Does it make more sense for me to just buy a Fat Strat and install the hard tail myself or just leave the tremolo alone ? I hate tremolos and don't want the hassle, and the hardtails only seem to come with single-coils and I want one humbucker on it.

No doubt. Trems can go out of tune.
Suprisingly, I don't think you can order custom guitars. That's even more suprising that you can't get a hard tail with a humbucker. You could always retrofit a hardtail with a new pickguard for a humbucker. Or, you can do what I did and install a hot rails into the single position.

Why can't life be simple ? :D [/B]

If those are your worst problems, I wish my life had that level of complexity. ;)

JR#97:

Depending on your skills, it would almost guarantee an increase in value. :p

It does look like Erika's Playboy or Penthouse pictures, and she's more made up than she was on Baywatch. I like the plainer, natural look she had on Baywatch. What a babe.

Maybe I'll just buy an American-made hardtail and see how I like the stock pickups over time. There are so many pickup options for Stratocasters and I don't have enough experience to know what I want.

I play Les Paul Standards and a Hamer Echotone (semi-hollowbody 335-type) and I want a Stratocaster to compliment those. I've never owned a Stratocaster and I think I should own one just for the experience and I find the necks really comfortable in my hands.

Back