VST Instruments

x3rmlygood

Can someone pls for the love of GOD refer me to places where i can find VST instruments that actually sound realistic PLS. Synths, leads, basses, Synth basses, Piano, Strings, EFX, all those goodies. Ones that actually sound like REAL instruments used for Rap/Hip hop beats. I have been googling but it doesn't seem to get me any good results. It's like the good ones are hidden somewhere. I use cubase 6's stock vst's and they suck...........balls. PLs help.

Can someone pls for the love of GOD refer me to places where i can find VST instruments that actually sound realistic PLS. Synths, leads, basses, Synth basses, Piano, Strings, EFX, all those goodies. Ones that actually sound like REAL instruments used for Rap/Hip hop beats. I have been googling but it doesn't seem to get me any good results. It's like the good ones are hidden somewhere. I use cubase 6's stock vst's and they suck...........balls. PLs help.

The words "free" and "realistic" aren't found together very often when talking about VSTs (although it's possible). The good ones ARE hidden somewhere...you usually have to pay for them. ;)

The words "free" and "realistic" aren't found together very often when talking about VSTs (although it's possible). The good ones ARE hidden somewhere...you usually have to pay for them. ;)

I never said free sir. And i am willing to pay for them so can you help me out?

I never said free sir. And i am willing to pay for them so can you help me out?

Well you never said you'd be willing to pay for them either. If you're having trouble finding good VST packages, just go read some reviews! There's tons of great options.

Well you never said you'd be willing to pay for them either. If you're having trouble finding good VST packages, just go read some reviews! There's tons of great options.

Read reviews from where? pls i am sorry if i am annoying lol but i am new and looking for professional opinions.

What's wrong with HALionOne sounds?
However Albino, Predator and z3ta have nice synth sounds. Omnisphere has both synth and real instruments.
Download some 808 and 909 samples (if you dont have them in Cubase already) and you are good to make beats.

Unfortunately true.
VSTis are something of a labour of love. Some {like B4, Miroslav philharmonik, M~Tron, Danny Thompson double bass, Lounge Lizard} are very realistic, some {Sampletank, Celtic instruments, Swar systems} contain some very realistic instruments mixed with some that are not realistic at all and some like Zero~G harmonica are, in my opinion, a load of raffifia.

What's wrong with HALionOne sounds?
They'd be fantastic if I was deaf !
The sound effects, synths and tympani are OK. The rest are like child actors that are actually in their 20s and 30s......

This may be of some use......or not !
I have the software sampler Sampletank 2. It comes with more instrument sounds than even Quincy Jones and Queen could use in a lifetime. These sounds are actual samples of actual instruments, rather than synthesized versions of instrument sounds that didn't really sound accurate. When you play the sounds on Sampletank you're getting those sampled sounds. Now, to me, they are VSTis, which I understand to be virtual instruments. I have other VSTis such as Celtic Instruments, Danny Thompson double bass and Zero G harmonica which I have loaded into Sampletank. They contain single notes so you can play whatever melodies or notes you want to play. They also contain riffs and melodies that I suppose you can work into whatever song you're recording, if you are that way inclined (I tend not to be). On the other hand I also have Cubase 5 loaded into my recording computer (I used to have Cubase SE) but because I use a standalone DAW, I use Cubase to house my other VSTis. So loaded into Cubase is First call horns, MTRON (a mellotron), Lounge Lizard (electric piano), B4 (Hammond organ), Miroslav Philharmonik (orchestral instruments) and Swar systems (Indian instruments). These give me a range of colours to add to my recordings. They vary in quality, but again, to me they are VSTis (virtual instruments), though they are referred to as samples and sometimes sample sound libraries.

But some DAWs come with VSTis. Cubase 5 came with hundreds of sounds from Halion. But I personally thought they were all fairly lame except for some of the synthesizer and sound effects sounds. So I don't use them. It's hard to say "this sound is better than that sound" because it's really so much down to personal taste. I know what I like. For instance, I used to use the violin and viola sounds in Sampletank 2 until I got Celtic Instruments and Miroslav philharmonik. They're so much better that I'd never use the Sampletank ones on their own again. There's so much variation.
Shell out the £££ 'Dukla Prague' $$$, baby !

Back