VST help (newbie)

Docholiday

Hi,

I have been downloading MIDI tracks off the net, guitar Pro etc. and the Halion One plugin that came with my Cubase AI4 is ok but I feel that it is lacking a lot of instruments (no grand piano, no decent drum kits) and I want to download some of these instruments. How do I do it?

For example I downloaded a Grand Piano plug in from a site. I have it saved on my hard drive as a .dll file and I can't get it onto Cubase? The only instruments I have are the Halion One presets.

Anyone know how I can expand my instrument base?

Hi Doc!
I'm also a newbie who had the same trouble, and after about 16 hrs. I figured out what worked for me. Search your pc for the location of the halionone.dll file. For cubase le4 it was in a folder called Synth. Put the dll files for the plug-ins you have, in that folder and the plug ins should come up in your vsti pull down along with HalionOne. good luck! Gord

+1 what Gord said.. Cubase is looking at a certain folder for the .dll files. I'm not familiar with Ai4, but there should be a plug-in manager or info section. It will tell you what location it uses for plugs. Put your new VSTi dll file there and it wil show up in Cubase.

peace.

+1 what Gord said.. Cubase is looking at a certain folder for the .dll files. I'm not familiar with Ai4, but there should be a plug-in manager or info section. It will tell you what location it uses for plugs. Put your new VSTi dll file there and it wil show up in Cubase.

peace.

on a pc go open location
C:/program files/steinberg/cubase 4/vst plugins

something like that and place them there which im sure you figured out by now lol
hypersonic 2 has some good sounds if you have the money. and also reason 4 has some nice instruments too.

Back