VST Delay for Phase Adjustment

PhiloBeddoe

Does anyone know of a simple delay plugin with a small range, say under 50ms, for adjusting a track and listening for phase relationships?

Specifically, it would be used for sliding around a room mic track relative to the drum kit close mics to listen for the best phase relationship. The only ways I know how to do this currently are either:

1. Move the track itself around in the window somewhat randomly and hope for the best.

or

2. Use a delay plugin and type in low values like 5ms because the knob has such a large range (>1s) that turning it with the mouse is maddening because it jumps from something like 5ms to 800ms instead of doing a smooth sweep. This is also very slow and awkward.

Does this make sense? Any ideas?

Many thanks

bennychico11 said:
personally I'd go for your option #1...but not just randomly move the track. Line it up with your other tracks. Look for a sharp transient spot in both tracks, zoom way in and line the wave forms up. Much easier I think.

I'd prefer option #1 also because using a delay pluging would only eat up CPU unneccessarily.

But what is the point in aligning room mic track with closed miced tracks? Aren't they supposed to add space to mix by adding the delayed signal or am I missing something here?

Back