VST compressors!

stevethecarr

I'm looking to get a good VST compressor and I have no idea what to get. I have tried a few but I'm suure there are many good ones out there I have yet to hear of. I have about $100-150 to spend.

The Mackie compressors packaged with Tracktion are among the best I've used. They're available here as part of the Tracktion2 demo package.

If you download and like Tracktion2 it's not available to buy yet --- soon by all accounts. The compressors (mono, stereo, mono with sidechain, stereo with sidechain and final master) will be available separately but as far as I know the price has yet to be determined.

I'm a fan of the Digital Fish Phones too, but not so much the fish fillets but endorphin compressor. It's got to be one of the best free VST compressors and free does not mean just OK. It takes some time to figure it out so its helpful to have some understanding of compression, good monitoring and a trained ear. Its worth every penny of $0 so save your dough for something else. You won't find $150 dollars of additional quality over endorphin in any VST compressor you pay for. For DAW users, a quality EQ is more valuable and useful, at least thats what I've discovered for how I do what I do. The mix objectives of others I'm sure will differ.

Bob

Try the multiband comp by slim slow slider. Excellent sound and interface. Freeware.

I like the fishphones Blockfish compressor/limiter. Especially the limiter, which is very clean. Endorphin is good and it's a split band compressor, so you can control the low end without squashing the highs. It's a pretty colored sound.

Tim

Back