vs840gx-virtual track mix down

gayrockguy

hey all-

does anyone on here know how (in simple terms) of even IF it is possible to "mix down" several different virtual tracks (say virtual track 2-7 for example of track 1) if i have recorded several different vocal takes-can i mix these or merge these down to track 1 only :confused:

i'm trying to get a multi voice part on a single track, as i've used all the remaining tracks (not virtual ones) for the rest of my tune and would like to avoid any bouncing down (even though i know the sound quality is vastly superior to my old yamaha 4 track)-i still don't like bouncing down tracks.

anybody?

thanks-

chris :D

Even though you have multiple virtual tracks, you can only select a single virtual track at a time per channel, so you would have to move them to other tracks first to mix them down.

You would do the following for example:

1-2 no need to move
1-3 move to 2-2
1-4 move to 3-2
1-5 move to 4-2
(etc...)

Now you have 4 vocal tracks on:
1-2, 2-2, 3-2, and 4-2

You will need to select those tracks and then you can mix them down to say 5-2. Mix it down and then you can move 5-2 back to a mono track.

You may have to work around those stereo pairs and just use one side....but that's the general concept.

Hope that makes sense.

Wish

Back