VS2480 ROM Board

Clewis0761

Anyone know where I can acquire a functioning ROM board for a Roland VS2480? The alternative is to buy another vs2480 that functions and get my tracks off the hard drive. I’ve signed a deal with a W Hollywood producer a great one and the day I signed I got the “SUB SYSTEM NOT FOUND” message at start up. It Wasn’t a battery issue. A tech tested it for me told me that the ROM board is bad.
Thanks for any help.

A simpler(and cheaper!) solution:

Remove the 2480 drive, install in external drive enclosure. Then go to thegoodlibrary.com to find VSWE. This software will extract your vs audio files and convert them to WAV or AIFF, which can then be dropped into your DAW of choice. FYI, this software is PC only. I've run it under Windows XP through 10 and on a Mac running XP and 7 via the VMWare VirtualBox.

Some VSWE users report that the VSWE package trips their anti-virus software. Temporarily disable your antivirus if you experience this. Once VSWE is installed, re-enable it.

There is a lot of help available at vsplanet.com as well.

D

Last edited:
A simpler(and cheaper!) solution:

Remove the 2480 drive, install in external drive enclosure. Then go to thegoodlibrary.com to find VSWE. This software will extract your vs audio files and convert them to WAV or AIFF, which can then be dropped into your DAW of choice. FYI, this software is PC only. I've run it under Windows XP through 10.

Some VSWE users report that the VSWE package trips their anti-virus software. Temporarily disable your antivirus if you experience this. Once VSWE is installed, re-enable it.

There is a lot of help available at vsplanet.com as well.

D
Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

Back