VS-880 and MMC

Soundscaper

I have the original VS-880, MIDI Sport 8x8 and Cakw walk pro audio 9.

Is there any way to move the cusor position in cakewalk with the time/value knob on the vs-880? When I move the time/value dial it send information to my Midi Sport.

I am trying to get it to control cakewalk as Pro control works with pro tools.

Thanks

Ya know...

I really, really, really wanted to do this for a long time. I did a lot of research on Cakewalk and Roland forums. Here's what I found:

It can't be done.

Unfortunately, Cakewalk requires that you press play before it can be controlled by an external device. This only allows you to control playing and recording with an external device, not song positioning.

Thus, I am now using Cubase for most of my needs with the VS-880. It allows the VS-880 to perform most of the song functions and I'm pretty sure it does it without MMC (don't quote me).

If anyone has any idea about controlling Cakewalk, I'd be glad to hear it. As far as I know, it's impossible (there, that should encourage someone to solve this problem).

Interesting!!

I also purchsed Sonar and I noticed that in it MMC and MIDI setting you can choose if you want to press play or not to recieve MIDI sync. Maby in Sonar you can control it with the VS-880.

I will try it soon .

Correction

BBB said:
Thus, I am now using Cubase for most of my needs with the VS-880. It allows the VS-880 to perform most of the song functions and I'm pretty sure it does it without MMC (don't quote me).

Ok. I checked at home. It does do it with MMC. Oops.

I'm interested in your results with Sonar.

Matt

Back