VS 840EX for newbee

dr.BarTee

Hi there,

I'm a new homerecorder, that is, I've been using a Sony-XD4MKII for half a year (made me sick from the compression) and now I've been working all summer to buy a value-for-money machine to satisfy my needs. I've been planning to spend about 2000 guilders (about $1500,=) for a machine. Is the 840 a good option, or are there better machines in this pricing range? And, important question, is it easy to use?

I believe the VS-880EX retails for about $1600, but why spend that much, when you can buy the same, practically new unit for about half the price? I recently purchased a V-Expanded VS-880 on www.ebay.com for $960.

As for ease of use... the VS-840 is the easiest to use. The VS-880 is a little more complicated, however, not THAT complicated, and I think that studying the manual for a couple of days is definitely worth the features!

aberdeen27
brukh3@superlink.net

That price sounds kind of high for the 840. You should easily be able to get the 880EX for around the same price. I think its definately worth the extra $. Just do a little extra research.

hey he was quoting the price for the 880ex and that price dosent sound off at allfor the 880ex... i was just at guitar center and i went to two other places and they all went for between $1,550 to $1,650....the 840ex goes for about $999.00...

[This message has been edited by reco (edited 08-19-1999).]

Back