VS-1880- I want to share the joy

MrSong

Holy-Geez.
I am in 7th Heaven. I have been waiting (for what, who knows) to make the move to digital for about 5 years. I finally went and bought the VS-1880, the two FX boards, and Roland's new CDRack. And all I can say is "Mother******". This is nothing short of incredible. I wish this kind of ease for all engineers. The sound is awesome. The control is immense. You ever had a situation where you discovered something new and couldn't quit smiling? Well, I honestly had about 20 of those this past weekend. Any engineers out there who have been wondering about making the move to digital, I hope you try and share the same joy and surprise I have had.

But I do have one complaint. Or mayber several. Look, I read my manuals like a good boy- all 3 of the phone-book sized manuals that came with the 1880. But the manuals are poorly written. They explain a few things OK... and the machine itself is pretty intuitive. And, in Roland's defense, they did send along this 2 hour video that gives the user a "crash-course", but I can't remember everything (hey Roland, how about putting this video on DVD... my copy was poorly duplicated). I find myself going to the manual with a question but coming away with two more.

Maybe it's just so much information that I can't soak it all up right now. That's very possible. Maybe there should be a web site dedicated to the VS-1880 (Of course, this site rules more than any other found for recording information!). I've seen that one site about VS units but it's out-of-date and doesn't really hold much information that I was looking for. Maybe all the web masters have their own VS units and are spending more time recording instead of maintaining their site! Can't say that I blame them. I'm just looking for more resources.

Regardless of their Manual-miss, their product is wonderful. Truly wonderful. I think I will marry this machine. ha ha

Chad Austin
the Logic
http://www.thelogicmusic.com

Thanks anyway

Thanks, Virtual.Ray.
But the site I was writing about (the one that was out of date) was VSPlanet. I just didn't want to bring up their name because they were doing a pretty good job on other units. But they only deal with the 1680's- not the 1880, and even then, it's really only product specs. I was hoping that there would be a site with a forum- much like this one. Or- even better- a searchable database. And, honestly, I think other sites would be hard pressed to out-perform this site in terms of knowledge for most things. Dragon has really done his homework. Plus, I like how everyone is so willing to help everyone else. It seems people online are starting to grasp the concept of Interdependency.

So... your effort does not go unappreciated! Thank you so much for your attempt in helping me expand my knowledge!!! I am not the brightest student in class- ha ha.
Happy Tracks.

Chad Austin

Things can change

But they DO have a question/answer forum and many people get their 1880 questions answered on it.I was just there a half hour ago(I have a VS880EX and a VSR880).

I sit Corrected!

Virtual Ray & Wish14- you were both right. Thanks Wish14 for providing the URL. When I originally visited the VS Planet site I wanted to see what products they covered. That was where I only saw the 1680 (products' listing, I believe). But the forum! D@mn! I spent half the day there today already. Excellent. Thanks again, both of you guys. You rule. Please forgive my blindness! I was affected when I was a teenager due to ... growing... circumstances. :)

Back