Vox ValvetronixAD120VTX

artCROSS

Hey everyone, having equipment woes. I bought a Vox AD120vtx about 2 months ago from GC. Loved the amp, but just wished it came w/ a foot controller. I have a big show this Thurs, so I decided to buy the VC-4...all I needed was something to switch banks during a song. Anyways, I got a brand new one, plugged it into my amp, and nothing. Didn't power on or anything. It might have been the pedal, but it was factory sealed when I got it, so I dont' think it's that. If it's the amp, I'm screwed b/c I can't return or exchange it anymore, and I don't have time to get it fixed by Thurs. Any advice? or anyone have a similar problem? Thanks

artCROSS said:
Hey everyone, having equipment woes. I bought a Vox AD120vtx about 2 months ago from GC. Loved the amp, but just wished it came w/ a foot controller. I have a big show this Thurs, so I decided to buy the VC-4...all I needed was something to switch banks during a song. Anyways, I got a brand new one, plugged it into my amp, and nothing. Didn't power on or anything. It might have been the pedal, but it was factory sealed when I got it, so I dont' think it's that. If it's the amp, I'm screwed b/c I can't return or exchange it anymore, and I don't have time to get it fixed by Thurs. Any advice? or anyone have a similar problem? Thanks

What kind of connection does it use?

My friend has the AD30VT and uses a normal generic single button footswitch to change between two presents.

if not, I wouls still return the pedal because it wouldn't be the first time a sealed item is DOA when it gets opened.

It uses a Cat5 cable. I have an AD120vt with the footswitch. Try another networking cable you have around the house. Th eone that came with mine sucked, it was really thin. I replaced it with a good quality Belden network cable and it works much better.

Try that and see if it works. If not, I'd try another pedal...even new, they CAN come DOA. Then if that doesn't work, it's probably the jack on your amp. But that can even be fixed pretty easily. Try the other stuff first then get back to me.

H2H

I just tried another cable, no go. And another cable, still no go :( Gonna go back to the store tomorrow and see if I can't try a new pedal. I'm gonna bring my amp there, so it'll be easier. If the 2nd pedal doesn't work out, i'm gonna go next door to where I bought my amp and see what they can do for me, as I really need this amp for Thurs.

H2H, thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try this out first, and if I still can't get anything to work, i'll let you know.

Update

I brought the pedal and my amp with me to the music store and tried the pedal w/ a floor model of a vox halfstack. It worked perfectly, which meant my amp was broken. Brought the amp across the street to where I bought it, they let me exchange it w/ another one (this is my 3rd amp of the ad120vtx this store has given me. each one had something wrong with it). This new one seems to be working well. It's brand new, taken right from the box, so hopefully it will all be all right. Thanks guys.

Back