Vox "thomas organ" wah - Help Please

billyshuler

I've got a vox wah, the one that's "made for the thomas organ co. italy". My problem is that's it's got a scratchy pot. I've tried many other wahs and i can't get any that sound like the vox. Is there any place that I can get a pot that is just like the one in my vox. The pots in the dunlops just don't sound the same and they are the only one's i can find.

Do a search for wah wah's on ebay there are a couple of places that sell
upgrade kit's for the Vox wah. I know at least one of them sell the pots alone.
Have you tried cleaning it with contact cleaner and then using some of the stuff radio shack sells that lubricates and conditions the carbon in the? I know the label has the word GOLD on it, it looks like a little felt pen. It really works I use it on all my contacts and cabling. The key will be to get all the crude out of the pot and let it dry before conditioning.

here is the link, it is call detoxit progold

http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=contact cleaner&origkw=contact cleaner&sr=1

Last edited:
Try some Caig ProGold cleaner instead of regular contact cleaner. It works better, cleans and lubricates at the same time, and actually improves conductivity better than regular contact cleaner. It costs a bit more, but is well worth the extra. It comes in spray, liquid (brush on), wipes and the pen style that Randy mentioned.

Back