VOX Effects units

abbo69nz

Hey there,
I am In a small 2 piece Band (VOX,GuitAR and Drums)
We are looking to add a vocal effect unit to our mix, Had thought of purchasing some rack gear (compressor reverb etc)
But I come across a couple of Products,
The TC Helicon voice live GTX and also the digitech vocalist live 5.....
I was wondering if anybody could give me any feedback on these?? Primarily we are looking to use it to add some effects like reverb and delay more than anything, would be nice if could add some compression to taste if need be,
The demos of these products show what they can do with the harmony thing, but the main thing we want is the effects....
Does anyone have any feeedback on what effects you can dial in with these? and on a side note, which unit has the best harmonizer in your opinion?

Or am I better to go down the rack gear path?
Because everthing is controlled on stage I thought The idea of a foot pedal might be handy
thanks

Am liking the TC Helicon. For live they are good but not so much for recording because of their noise floor being at such a high level. As are most foot pedals.

And another word of advice .....
If you go with a foot pedal you can't use a condenser microphone unless the foot pedal can provide phantom power. :thumbs up:

I have the vocalist 5 as it is usally just me or one other playing it fit the bill nicely, HAs all the bells and whistles compression reverb, gate and every thing can be tweaked to your hearts content when you need harmony it is there just don't over do it
Tim

Back