VOX AD50 Problem

Masters Of War

Whenever I hold a note or chord it sounds for 2-3 seconds and then I hear this staticy digital type noise and the sound cuts out. I just bought this amp a few weeks ago and I'm kind of bummed about this, does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks.

Whatever it is, it seems unlikely you will be able to fix it, unless it is a tube, which it doesn't sound like. That's a fairly innovative design, though, so tube problems may sound different than they usually do. The cutting off may be some kind of noise gate, or a defect.

I'd take it back, if no one has a specific solution. Even if it's just a tube it should be warrantied.

It's the noise gate! I wondered about this on my AD15 for a while, but I figured it out quite quickly. Hold the left hand FX button down and turn the parameter adjustery knob at the same time. You should hear the background noise raise as you turn the noise gate 'down', which is in fact lowering the threshold at which it kicks in.

There's a quick explanantion in the manual, if that doesn't help. I think you have to be in bypass mode on the FX.

It's the noise gate! I wondered about this on my AD15 for a while, but I figured it out quite quickly. Hold the left hand FX button down and turn the parameter adjustery knob at the same time. You should hear the background noise raise as you turn the noise gate 'down', which is in fact lowering the threshold at which it kicks in.
Sweet, that fixed it right up. I was actually messing with the noise reduction a few days ago but didn't put 2 and 2 together. Thanks a bunch man.

No problem mate. Let me know how you're finding the amp - as I have the 15-watter, I was thinking about getting a larger one for gigs and having all the channels set up the same for easy practising?

Back