Volume Questions!!

P Stew

I'm wondering how to adjust volume on one track to make it fade. I want to make certain parts of one track lower volume than others anyone know how?

Also i have a M Box 2. And if i dont mute the track im recording on i get latency when hearin my vocals as im recording. Is there any way i can get it so i can hear my vocals as im recording.

Thank You

I'm wondering how to adjust volume on one track to make it fade. I want to make certain parts of one track lower volume than others anyone know how?

Also i have a M Box 2. And if i dont mute the track im recording on i get latency when hearin my vocals as im recording. Is there any way i can get it so i can hear my vocals as im recording.

Thank You

Go to Setup > Playback Options> Then set the Buffer Size to 256 or if your system can handle it, try 128. You should be able to track your vocals with less latency.

As for your volume question, the manual should be able to help you out.

i think its on the operations menu ..it says low latency monitoring...that should do it..as for the volume try auto write.

i think its on the operations menu ..it says low latency monitoring...that should do it..as for the volume try auto write.

Yes, that will also work, but only digidesigns firewire interfaces support that feature such as the Mbox 2 PRO and Digi002/003 interfaces. If you have a Digidesign USB interface, the "Low Latency Monitoring" options is not available, therefore you need to change the buffer size under the Setup>Playback Engine.
However, there is also a knob on the Mbox which can be turned to "Monitor" which will send any instrument signal going into the Mbox straight back out with no latency, but I'm not sure if you will be able to hear the rest of your mix, which could be a big problem.
So your best bet is to just lower your buffer size in the Playback Engine Menu.
Another plus to doing it this way is that any RTAS plug-ins you are using will be active even on the tracks you are recording. Even if you were to have the "Low Latency Monitoring" option, that option disables all RTAS plug-ins on the track(s) you are recording.

How-to

I'm wondering how to adjust volume on one track to make it fade.

Here's how I do it:
1. Create an Aux or a Master Fader track. The output of your track must go to a bus (i.e bus 2) The Aux or Master fader inpt must be the same as the otput bus of the track you want to pan. Is simple, your sending your track to another channel to turn down the volume without affecting it.

2. In the Aux or Master fader select Volume isntead of waveform. There's a little menu boxes at the left of the track... search it, I don't rememeber the exact locations. When you sleect Volume you're gonna see a long line. The line is the volume and you can bend as you want. Add some points and then low or raise the line to change the volume. Is like you are moving real faders in a real mixer.

You can also do it directly on your track but I don't recommend it. It's bettter to have another track just to do the fading thing. Good luck.

Thank You

hi mate
im new to all this to but Benny chico /Brett etc are the guys to advise!

all i know is that you can mute the track you are recording,,
and that avoids the latency but still alows you to hera it

its not the correct way i dare say, but it works for me;)

hi mate
im new to all this to but Benny chico /Brett etc are the guys to advise!

all i know is that you can mute the track you are recording,,
and that avoids the latency but still alows you to hera it

its not the correct way i dare say, but it works for me;)

What he said......

i also have another question....i want to know how to copy an move chorus's....i want to be able to select each part of the chorus an then copy it an slide it to the next chorus, not one track at a time an have them all outta place...how do i do that?

i also have another question....i want to know how to copy an move chorus's....i want to be able to select each part of the chorus an then copy it an slide it to the next chorus, not one track at a time an have them all outta place...how do i do that?

yer gonnae have to read your manual mate
and also go to other Pro Tools forums:cool:

That SHOULD be as simple as holding shift or Ctl as you select each part you want to copy. After all are selected you can copy the selection and paste it.

It's been a while since I messed with PT: LE - about 2 years - but this is how it works with most DAW programs.

As it has been stated several times already, you REALLY should read your manual. All of these questions are covered there...

The way I do volume fades on one track, is using the "trim" plugin. Then I add "gain" as one of the automation options, then draw in the fade lines.

This way I can still use the normal volume control for the track. The trim gain will adjust the gain, relative to the normal volume.

Thank You

There is a knob on the MBox that says "mix". If you turn that counter clockwise almost as far as it can go, it helps with the latency. The downfall is that you also lose volume, but just turn the monitor knob up and you'll be good to go. Just listen and tweak that mix knob until you have a good balance between low latency, and still being able to hear.

Read the section in your manual about groups.

Back