Volume Pedals

terragf

Well, I have a Yamaha PSR2000, which in my opinion is a very nice keyboard...too bad I don't take very good care of it...

With it came a free pedal, it's just an 'on/off' kinda pedal, which is great for sustaining. However, now I'm getting into effect pedals and such for the keyboard, and an extra pedal to control volume would be great.

I've seen a few pedals, and the ones I like are around 70 dollars, are there any good, durable volume pedals for under 50? Or sites where I can find them cheaper?

Thanks,
Garret

Check eBay. I just got a Morley Little Alligator for $45 and you can probably beat that if you have more patience than I do.

rpe

I know you're looking for something cheap, but unfortunately cheap and durable usually don't go in the same sentence when dealing with effects stuff. My recommendation would be to save up the extra dough and get an Ernie Ball Volume pedal. These pedals are so solid that a lot of pro musicians actually have the guts taken out of their wahs and such, and have them mounted in an Ernie Ball Volume frame.

Are you talking about MIDI volume control or an audio volume pedal where you run the outputs of the synth through the pedal?

For midi volume control, the Yamaha FC7 would no doubt work great with that keyboard. Yamaha also makes a stereo volume pedal that runs on batteries or with a power supply, but I forget what the model number is on that (obviously that's an audio volume pedal).

I bought an Ernie Ball volume pedal a while back and had problems with it, so I returned it. There's no question the milled aluminum casing is great, but I found it unusable due to audio problems.

You could use a MIDI volume pedal to control the volume of the synth outs, and then chain other fx pedals off the synth outs.

I just picked up a Behringer Volume pedal at my local music store. It was like $25 or $30 dollars, brand new, plus I had to buy a power adapter ($12 at RadioShack, but it runs on 9volt too). It is stereo/dual mono with a minimum volume knob, and doubles as a CV input pedal(via a switch) for keyboards. It weighs a ton (Steel construction), and is one of the largest pedals I have ever put my foot on. Check 'em out.

Back