Voice Recorders

hongteck

I'm currently working on a project which requires to do some voice recording. Can anyone advise me if I should get a dedicated voice recorder or an MP3 player with recording capability. Want to know what sort of recording can I expect those devices ?

hongteck said:
I'm currently working on a project which requires to do some voice recording. Can anyone advise me if I should get a dedicated voice recorder or an MP3 player with recording capability. Want to know what sort of recording can I expect those devices ?

Could you describe the project in a little more detail? Are you recording speaking, singing, etc.? Will this be recorded at home, or on location? Do you have access to a desktop/laptop computer for recording purposes? What level of quality are you wanting? What is your budget?

Basically, a handheld voice recorder and/or mp3 player with voice recording capability will probably not provide you with very good quality, as the frequency responses of the built-in microphones within most of those devices are not very good. If portability is a concern, there are dedicated hard disk recorders made by folks like Marantz that you can plug a microphone into.

Back