voice effects

None of the presets are worth using. They're merely starting points as to which you should tweak to fit the vocal recording, whcih can and often will be different for each song.

Start experimenting.

I was just playing around with these last night.........first time out. :o

I noticed that all of the "pre" sets are a bit over done and add TOO much effect right out of the box. Using the preview and messing with the levels it's not to hard to get something that sound pretty decent (IMO)

Are there any free effects out there that are "better"??

Rick

"Are there any free effects out there that are "better"??"

Free effects? No, I haven't found any. But if you pay some real money, you can get effects that are better than Cool's. You pretty much get what you pay for. Cool's effects aren't bad, considering there are so many of them bundled with the recording/editing package.

In Audition 1.5, the Studio Reverb FX is a nice , subtle way to accent your vocal track. It's a good place to begin.

Yes I do, I have Vocoders and Vocal Removers and a lot of other compatible plug-ins, unfortuanely I dont think Cool Edit allows plug-ins. Anyway you could look for plug-ins at www.analogx.com (It's extremely hard to find, so use the search engine and search for 'downloads' in that site alone)

Back