vocals(left/right)

bigeasy

I am using Cakewalk ProAudio 9; I have a Mackie 1202 Mixer and using a SBLive Platinum soundcard. I have line out on the soundcard to the line in 5-6 on the mixer. I have ALT 3-4 in back of the mixer going into the line in/mic in on the live drive (front) of the soundcard. On the mixer the Low Cut, Mute (channel 1 and 2) buttons are pressed to record vocals. The source in cakewalk is set for left (track 1) and right (track 2). I have the first channel hard panned left and the second channel hard panned right. When both tracks are armed and I begin recording vocals the right channel is not being picked up by the software it seems. My vocalist on the left channel is doing the bulk of the singing and the second vocalist on the right channel is not singing as much more or less in a background kind of role. I hear the left channel clear and see the audio on both tracks in CWPA9. By me having both tracks armed this is why I am getting audio on both tracks or is there something that needs to be set? I tried changing the “y” cables to the line in/mic in the live drive – still the same results. Do I have something set wrong on the mixer or am I unable to record two separate tracks at the same time?

bigeasy -

one thing that I would make sure of is that the line/mic in on your live drive is set to line in (the gain control should be moved counterclockwise until it clicks)

the mic in is mono whereas the line in is stereo

other than that - your setup is a bit confusing to me? seems your making things a bit more complicated than they need to be

why not run the two mics into channels 1&s with the main outs of your board going into the line in - then run some headphones out of your live drive headphone jack so the vocalists can hear the music to sing to? are you monitoring the whole mix from your board??

Back