Vocal Recording Booth

traw

Where is that link someone posted of like a fiberglass or something sound booth you could put in your room to do vocals? I need it to order one.

Google is your friend.

Try Googling 'Vocal Recording Booths' and pick one from the list that pops up.

As an alternative, consider this.

Does anyone know how effective these portable vocal filters are?

(Check the link in the last post)

Eck

Here's the last paragraph of Paul White's Sound on Sound review from 6-06 -

"Those recording in less-than-ideal recording environments have been looking for a 'magic bullet' quick fix for recording vocals since the term 'home recording' came into being, and the SE Reflexion Filter represents a serious step in that direction. It can't keep all reflected sound out of the mic, as some will end up bouncing into the mic's frontal axis from the wall behind the singer, but it certainly reduces this by minimising the amount of voice making it out into the room and by attenuating off-axis sounds. This could be particularly useful in a typical studio vocal booth where there is often a glass door directly behind the microphone. If rear-wall reflections are still a problem for you, some thick blankets, duvets or similar behind the singer should bring about the desired degree of improvement, and in combination with the Reflexion Filter should allow anyone to record clean vocals that are free from damaging room coloration. The price of the Reflexion Filter could actually be said to represent extremely good value when you consider that it might well make more difference to the subjective quality of your recordings than blowing an extra grand or two on more sophisticated mics and preamps!"

I've used one several times in studios and, once the singer is comfortable with the 'looking into a pad' aspect of the thing I got good results. Can't say how it works at home since it's on my Christmas list.

Back