Vocal on Karaoke Recording

karyoker

This is the first or second mix down in sonar 3 producer Trk 1 is the vocal dry out of a compressor which is "zeroed out No compression" which uses the insert out of a Dfx 12. The audio card used is a Delta 44. Trk 2 was recorded with Sonitus:fx compressor. Music recorded on trk 3.
I have a template for this singer with vocal sends to buses for reverb flange and chorus. These are sent from a track that I have bounced trk 1 into stereo. Ok here is the question On the "high" or chorus parts especially where the efx are totally washed out would you bounce down or even clip these parts with more compression? I tried bouncing trk 1 & 2 to get more compression but didnt quite get results needed. Anyway I just need some general comments. I inadvertently fully chorused the second half in this mix..

The mp3 is availible on xdrive The url from this link will ask for your email addy then the link they send will take to a url and if you scroll all the way to bottom click on free access.. The song is There You'll Be

http://plus.xdrive.com/u/62562982/350846175cHemkEDGnni8FCk8AlY

Back