vocal Microphone under $125

darc mind

ok..im on a tight budget...recently i was using the MXL V67G condenser..i really like the sound of it..i wanted to kno what is a reallyy good choice for vocal microphones (my vocals range mostly towards hip-hop and a bit of rnb[just a tad bit])..i dun have a REALLY deep voice..im 17..so u can kind of tell which typa voice i have..i juss needed opinions on your choices..thxn a lot

Reactions: NL5
Shure...
Shure SM58 (and off models) are popular if your screaming...Slipknot
Numerous have used SM57,
Shure SM7 goes to the $300+ range and is the Larger and have proven itself on many really hi-end, "top shelf" recordings.

the V67 is positively referenced a lot on this forum.

im not really SCREAMING..cuz its more hip hop..a bit more subtle then slipknot lol

i looked at different mics...and shure sm58 was one of them

these are 5 mics i have found..

1. Audio Technica AT2020 Studio Microphone

2. Marshall Electronics MXLV67G Studio Condenser Microphone

3. Behringer B1 Single Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone

4. AKG Perception 100 Studio Condenser Microphone

5. Shure SM58

if therse any more that wuld be a better choice....plz list

Gotta agree with noisedude. In that price range the V67 will perform just as well as any other budget condensor.

ok..im on a tight budget...recently i was using the MXL V67G condenser..i really like the sound of it..i wanted to kno what is a reallyy good choice for vocal microphones (my vocals range mostly towards hip-hop and a bit of rnb[just a tad bit])..i dun have a REALLY deep voice..im 17..so u can kind of tell which typa voice i have..i juss needed opinions on your choices..thxn a lot

The V67 is fine for your budget. Really good choices for microphones gets way out of the 100-200 dollar price range. quick.

If you can find a used AT-4054 or 4055 for less than $150, that would be a great mic for you. Same element as the AT-4050, but in a hand held configuration. Now replaced by the AE5400 so tjhey are often a bargain on e-bay. I've picked up 3 of them for an average price of $140. The 4054 has built in bass roll-off and the 4055 is flat. The AE5400 has a switch. A true sleeper mic. Competes well with the Audix VX-10 and the Neumann KMS-105.

Ooooh! Post 666. Do I get a prize? A sacrifice of some sort would do fine!!!

okkk i need help in deciding which is a better buy...

AKG Perception 100 Studio Condenser Microphone

Audio Technica AT2020 Studio Microphone

from these two..

I've got the Behringer B-1 and the AT 20-20.

I've used the Behringer B-1 since 2003, on many projects. Really love it.

I find the Bass roll off feature, and the -10 feature extremely handy in different situations.

I don't know what it is about the AT 2020 that doesn't appeal to me, but I never seem to take it out of my mic closet.

and are you assuming spending more will guarantee "better" vocal tracks?

what i usually do when looking at a piece of gear is read, and read, and listen to MP3 posts people throw up....ok "throw up" is the wrong term...Mp3 people POST...

and anyway, i forgot what i was going to say but it was big time important, life changing...too bad I forgot.:p

Back