Vocal Harmony Plug In

NobleSavage

Does anyone know of a plug in that allows me to do vocal harmonies? I've been trying to manually do it by adjusting the pitch of my vocal tracks, but they dont come out sounding anything close to natural.

In the time it took you to fiddle around with adjusting the pitch, you could have just sang 'em, and it would have sounded 1000 times better.
If you can't sing harmony, find someone who can. THat's my $.02.

Aaron
http://www.aaroncheney.com

the problem is that I'm not that good a singer. It takes everything I have to be on key with what I can do. I've tried singing the harmonies and that comes out horrible and I've tried adjusting the pitch and that sounds just as bad. In a perfect world, I would have a reliable singer/drummer as a partner, but that's not the case right now, so I'm forced to use technology.

Steinberg have made a vox plug, I've used it once, on a 15sec sample of some "ethnic woman" singing in an "ethnic key"- no offence to anyone, I actually like the way it sounds. Anyway - that plug worked all right for that job, but I wouldn't concider using it to make vocal harmonies for some Madonna'a'like singer ( I like her too ) :D Digitech made a vocalizer, so have TC electronics, but I don't think they make them as software. Have heard them both at some clinics, TC was clearly the best, but that clinic was about 5 years after the Digitech clinic, I guess Digitech have improved since
bizz

Sorry, but while the Clone Ensemble sounds terrific and is cheap ($25), it only creates a choir of unison parts, so it sounds like you and a bunch of folks from church singing the song together -- but no harmony parts.

i tried CloneEnsemble and it sounded like my own experiments with pitch shifting... it wasnt very convincing for my voice.. I checked out the Steinberg one, Voice Machine and the demo mp3 knocked me out. But they dont have a demo of that program to try and I'm not willing to shell out the 200 bucks for a program that might sound as bad as the CloneEnsemble did with my voice. :(

So, as it stands right now, now Queen like harmonies in my goofy little songs. Thanks for the replies though!

Waves has some type of vocal harmonizer but its the one plugin i haven't used in my waves bundle.

RBC voice tweaker does harmonies too, but it's not yet pro quality. his stuff gets better with every release though.

What you can do, is create a harmony track with your keyboard that is the same notes that you will need to sing, and then sing the parts while you listen to the harmony track. Then you can use Antares' Autotune or RBC Voice Tweaker to put your harmony singing in the right pitch. That's what i do when i can't seem to keep my harmony from drifting back into the melody while i'm singing.

Back