"Vocal Fry"...???

Dude this is an old pop culture problem with reality TV junkies. I corrected my kids a long time ago at the first hint of them talking like that. It's so retarded.

I've heard it many times in speech...also the classic Valley Girl up-swing on the end of words/sentences...I just hadn't seen the term "vocal fry" before. :D

I fucking hear it constantly. My kids friends talk like that. I fucking can't stand it. And "like". Holy shit every other word is like. They turn a 4 word sentence into a fucking paragraph with all the fucking likes they say now. The valley girls were nothing compared to kids now.

I just heard this term the other day too. I thought it was such a strange term for it. Apparently, it's also known as a "creak," which makes a little more sense to me. And yes, I think it sounds ridiculous as well.

Another pet peeve of the younger generation is how they use "literally" to mean ... well ... "figuratively." "I was literally going out of my mind!" No ... no you weren't.

I talk with vocal fry naturally.... I knew if I lived long enough, I'd be in on the ground floor of a trend. Now... a sex change is required, as apparently this is only trendy for chicks... I'll be back shortly.

I fucking hear it constantly. My kids friends talk like that. I fucking can't stand it. And "like". Holy shit every other word is like. They turn a 4 word sentence into a fucking paragraph with all the fucking likes they say now. The valley girls were nothing compared to kids now.

LOL
That's what the middle aged parents were saying about the teenaged hippies in the late 60s.
"Every other word is "like".

welcome to oldcootsville.

LOL
That's what the middle aged parents were saying about the teenaged hippies in the late 60s.
"Every other word is "like".

welcome to oldcootsville.

I'm fine with that. Millennials are absolute fucking morons, and I'm fine if thinking that makes me an old coot.

HR is not an exclusive old men's club. Posts need to be appropriate for the wide range of people that visit this site. So I got rid of a few.

Back